Stripe is available in over 30 countries including the USA, Canada, UK, Australia, Japan, and others.
Setting up Stripe
Before setting up Stripe, check the list of Restricted Businesses to ensure that your business is not in this list and you are allowed to use Stripe to process payments in your store.
To set up Stripe in your store:
- From your store admin, go to the Payment page.
- Click Connect with Stripe. You’ll be taken to the Stripe website.
- Sign in to your Stripe account if you already have one.
- Or fill in the details and create a new Stripe account.
- Follow the instructions on the Stripe site to complete the setup. After that, you will be taken back to your store admin.
Once finished, your Stripe account will be connected to your online store. Customers will be able to pay with Stripe.
If Stripe isn’t supported in your country, set up another payment option to accept card payments in your store. Learn more about other online payment gateways.
Where do I find information on my transactions and transfers?
When a customer pays for an order using Stripe, the money goes to your Stripe account. You can see the transaction ID in the order details in your store admin → My Sales → Orders. Click on the transaction link to view more details in your Stripe account.
Can I save the customer’s card details and charge it later?
Yes, you can do it with Stripe. To enable this option, go to your store admin → Payment → Stripe and click the toggle next to the “Save credit card details for later” option.
After that, when a customer places an order in your store with Stripe, they will be saved in your Stripe dashboard where you can charge them anytime later using the “+ Create Payment” link.