It is no secret that a number of us desire to be Instagram famous. With over 1 billion monthly active users, the photo-sharing site is a goldmine for building a personal brand or marketing a business. It is no surprise that many businesses are drawn to Instagram; 80% of customers follow a company on Instagram. Every day, 200 million Instagram users visit at least one company’s profile. A substantial number of Instagram users purchase items they discovered on Instagram.
The important question here is, how do you stand out on Instagram and get more Followers?
Store App| Tips on how to stand out on Instagram and get more followers:
1. Strategically Tag People: If you want to get more followers on Instagram, start by tagging people in your photos. When you tag someone, their friends and followers will be notified and might start following you. Make sure to only tag people who are relevant to the photo and would actually be interested in following you.
2. Geo-Tag: Another fantastic way to get more followers is to Geo-Tag your photos. When you Geo-Tag a photo, it will appear on the map for that location and anyone searching for that location will be able to see your photo. This is a wonderful way to reach new people who are interested in the same thing as you.
3.Start Curating: A curator is someone who curates content for other people. If you can become a curator for a specific niche or topic, you will be able to reach a whole new audience. Good Curators get noticed for their work and followed
4. Show Your Appreciation, Like and Comment on Posts: One of the best ways to get more followers is to engage with other users on Instagram. When you Comment and Like other people’s photos, they are more likely to do the same to you. This is a terrific way to get your name out there and get more people interested in what you have to say.
5. Start Posting Regularly: Another fantastic way to get more followers is to post regularly. If you can post interesting and engaging photos on a regular basis, people will start to take notice. Active users have an even bigger probability of being noticed and followed
6. Optimize Your Images; Hashtag: If you want more eyes on your Instagram posts, make sure to optimize them! This means using Filters and Hashtags so that they appear in search results. Hashtags help individuals find what interests them – when relevant Hashtags are connected to popular subjects or hobbies, people are more likely to come across and appreciate your work.
There are a few things to keep in mind when using hashtags:
- Do not use too many Hashtags in one post.
- Use relevant Hashtags that are specific to your niche.
- Change the Hashtags you use on a regular basis to increase your content’s visibility.
7. Spruce Up Your Profile: One of the most important things you can do to get more followers is to work on your profile. Make sure that your profile is complete and looks professional:
- Use a professional profile picture: Your profile picture is the first thing people will see when they visit your profile, so make sure it is a good one! If you can, hire a professional photographer to take a great headshot that really capture who you are.
- Fill out your bio: Do not forget to include vital information about yourself in your bio! This is your chance to tell people what you do, what you are enthusiastic about, and why they should follow you.
8. Follow Those Who are Most Relevant to You and Your Brand: Another fantastic way to get more followers is to follow relevant people. If you follow people who are interested in the same thing as you, they are more likely to follow you back. This is a wonderful way to build up a following of people who are interested in what you have to communicate and/or sell
9. Utilize Instagram Ads: Improve your online presence and reach a larger audience by investing in Instagram ads. Ads will help you target a specific audience and ensure that your photos are seen by people who are interested in what you have to say.
Tips on running Instagram ads:
- Research your audience and target them specifically
- Use high-quality images/videos that are relevant to your brand
- Use engaging and compelling copy to get people interested
- Run your ads regularly to ensure that people do not forget about you
10. Host A Giveaway: People love free things! If you host a giveaway on Instagram, you will be able to reach a whole new audience. It is amazing, how many people will follow you if there is a chance of winning something they want. Therefore, ensure that your giveaway is worth winning to attract a good crowd.
11. Collaborate with Other Users: If you are looking to expand your follower base, teaming up with other users is a wonderful way to achieve that. When you collaborate with another user, their followers will become aware of your account which could result in new followers. For example, by partnering with an influencer on Instagram, you will be able to tap into their already large audience and significantly increase the number of people who are following you.
According to a recent study, it was found that Instagram influencers have the following statistics:
- An average of 700,000 followers
- They are between 18 and 34 years old
- 58% are female
- 42% are male
- The most popular categories are fashion, beauty, travel, and fitness.
12. Use Relevant Keywords: If you are looking to get your photos seen by more people on Instagram, start using relevant keywords in your posts. Instagram updated its search feature a few years ago to include keywords instead of just hashtags, so this is a terrific way to reach new audiences who are interested in what you have to say. Make use of keywords in every post.
Store App| 5 Tips on how to use keywords on Instagram posts:
- Use niche-specific keywords: By using keywords that are specific to your niche, you will be able to reach a more targeted audience. This is because people will be searching for these keywords specifically when they are looking for content related to your industry.
- Use long-tail keywords: Long-tail keywords are simply phrases that are more specific than just one word. These are great to use on Instagram because they can help you reach a more targeted audience.
- Use location-based keywords: If you are looking to reach people in a specific location, using location-based keywords is a fantastic way to do it. This is especially effective if you are a local business or if you are looking to reach people who are interested in your products or services in a specific area.
- Use keywords in your bio: Your bio is another suitable place to use keywords. By including relevant keywords, you will be able to reach people who are searching for those terms. This is a fantastic way to get more followers who are interested in what you have to say.
- Use keywords in your hashtags: Hashtags are a wonderful way to reach new people on Instagram. By using relevant keywords in your hashtags, you will be able to reach people who are searching for those terms. This is a fantastic way to get more followers who are interested in what you have to say.
13. Post Unique Content: One of the best ways to get more followers is to post unique content. If you can share something that nobody else has shared before, you will be able to reach a whole new audience. The best content on Instagram are those that are able to capture the attention of users and get them interested in what you have to say.
Here are a few ideas on creating unique content on Instagram:
- Share behind-the-scenes photos and videos of your life or work.
- Give a sneak peek of new products or services that you will be launching soon.
- Share tips and advice that people will find useful.
- Share photos and videos of you doing something that is unique or interesting.
Post unique or interesting photos
14. Get Involved in a Community: One of the best ways to get more followers is to get involved in the Instagram community. One effective way is to participate in Hashtag Games. However, some say, its now over done and your time may be better spent creating original content
15. Use Instagram Stories: When you use Stories, you can target a specific audience and ensure that your photos are seen by people who are interested in what you have to say.
There are proven strategies to amassing a following and promoting/selling products through Instagram. Try out some of the techniques we mentioned above and keep us updated on your progress!
“How do I sell on Instagram?” I hear you asking. Start that journey Here
Store App| Build your online store in less than 10 mins and sell anywhere online:
Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Amazon, Google, WhatsApp all through one single dashboard.
Store App| Make use of our in-built digital marketing tools to grow your business: