Some products complement each other well and it’s best to buy them together. Use the related products feature to display the You may also like section in your online store as well as to cross-sell products in the cart. This feature helps you promote certain products and encourages customers to buy more.
Related products in your catalog
To add related products inside individual product pages:
- From your store admin, go to Catalog → Products.
- Open the product page where you wish to recommend related products.
- Open the Related Products tab:
- Click Enable (if you haven’t set up related products for this item before).
Now you can choose one of the three ways to display your related items:
Display specific related products
- Click + Add Products.
- In the popup, check the products you want to show as related.
- Check off the Link back selected items as related to this product option if you want to cross-link the product with its related products, so that it appears on their pages, too.
- Click Add Products.
- Click Save.
Display random products from a category
- Click + Add Products.
- In the popup, check the 5 random products from catalog option.
- Click Change the category or the number of products. This way, you can choose the number of products that you want to show as related and their category:
- Enter the desired number of random products in the Number of items field.
- Choose the desired product category from the dropdown.
If you check All products for the category, your store will show randomly selected products from your entire catalog.
- Click Apply, then click Add Products.
- Click Save.
You can assign random related products from various categories to your items in bulk in Catalog → Products → Mass Update → Promote on Storefront → Manage Related Products.
Display specific and random products
You may also show recommended products as a combination of the first two options. Simply follow the instructions above for each component of specified and randomized product suggestions.
To display specific related products:
- In your mobile app for Android, go to Products.
- Tap the product you want to add related products to.
- Scroll down and tap More product features → Related products.
- Choose products you want to show as related by ticking them.
- Then just go back. You don’t have to save anything, the related products will be saved automatically.
You can also show random related products from your catalog or from any particular category.
To add random related products with your mobile app, you should first relate at least one specific product to an item.
To display random related products:
- Tap Products and select the product you want to add related products to.
- Scroll down and tap Display random products.
- Enable Display random products toggle.
- In the Number of random products field, specify the number of products you want to display.
- Random products will be chosen from the catalog by default. You can change it and display random products from particular category by taping Random products from the catalog and choosing the needed categories.
- Then just go back. You don’t have to save anything, changes will be saved automatically.
Related products will then be displayed in the product details page under You May Also Like section:
Related products at checkout
You may also show a list of related products in the cart page and cross-sell (or upsell) them before your customer completes their purchase.
- From your store admin, go to Settings → General → Cart & Checkout.
- Scroll to the Related products block.
- From the dropdown, choose On product details page and in cart to show related products at checkout:
This is how your related products may look at checkout:
You can remove the You may also like section from checkout if you don’t need an order bump there. For that, choose “On product details page only” in Settings → General → Cart & Checkout → Related products.
If you enable the https://storeapp.io/help-center/article/sending-automated-marketing-emails/, the related products that you assign to your item will also appear in the order confirmation emails for customers.