Adding categories menu to a website
A menu with store categories makes your store easy to navigate and helps customers to quickly switch between categories. To add a categories menu to your website, generate a code for the menu and paste it to your website backend.
Here is an example of a store categories menu on a website:
The menu adjusts to the width of the page it’s been added to. If added to a responsive website, the menu is also responsive and looks great on devices with any screen width:
For WordPress users: if you’ve added your online store to a WordPress site, the Online store plugin has a ready setting for adding a store category menu.
To add a categories menu to your website:
- Go to your store admin → Website.
- Scroll down to the “Add your store to one more website” section and click Pick Platform → Other platforms and sitebuilders.
- Click Add Category Navigation. The code will be copied to clipboard.
- Go to the editor of your website and open the page where you want to display the categories menu.
- Paste the code to the source code of the page. That may be HTML or source tab or a separate button to add codes. That varies depending on the website builder you use.
- Save and publish the page changes.
The categories menu will appear on your site.